Monday, March 9, 2009

I've finished the NCTE book. I feel like there were so many ideas being listed I got a little overwhelmed. I think my favorite activities though had to do with the writing that they suggested with the novel. I really liked the idea teaching students how to write in a certain style and using O'Brien as a jumping off point. I think because his book is really about the art of story telling, this would be good to start off the year with and start students writing with this as an example. I think students would have fun writing like Tim O'brien and investigating how he writes. Then through out the year the students would be able to learn from the masters with other novels. They would start being more proactive with their reading and really dissecting how authors write and how they write!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No need to raise your hand...