Monday, February 9, 2009

Vietnam Song, and what is wrong with education

It isn't completely related to TTTC, but it is Vietnam related, and multimodal. Once, my friend was such a brat in 10th grade S.S., that the teacher let her do a few week independent study on the Vietnam War instead of coming to class and being a brat. Her final project for the independent study was to make a mix CD of songs that were somehow related to the Vietnam War era, and write a paper/CD insert about why each song was important/what it showed about the time period. And I was totally jealous I was a suck-up and not a brat, because if I would have been more obnoxious, I would have been able to do an independent study and make a mix CD too. But I was well-behaved, so I had to stay in the classroom and read the textbook and make flashcards.

Anyway, this song was the most memorable of the ones on the mix CD:

Country Joe's Vietnam Song

No comments:

Post a Comment

No need to raise your hand...